Spring is here, so why don’t you try our spring-summer courses and workshops? We have a wide variety of specially selected spring and summer learning for you. Choose from crafts courses, such as how to draw and clothes making Sundays, through to digital, or professional and development ones. Have a look below and take your pick:
Designed to get you creative and bring you some joy and satisfaction from learning how to draw or creating something on your own, whether that’s a handmade garment or delicious buttercream icing.
- Clothes making Sundays – jumpsuit or shift dress – taking place every Sunday from 4pm to 6pm for a period of five weeks. Starting on 25 April, this free course will help you get ready for summer with a new handmade jumpsuit or dress. It will also help you learn the different techniques in assembling garments.
- How to draw – taking place every Saturday between 10am to 1pm for six weeks this free course starts on 15 May. Develop your visual skills and imaginative responses using a range of drawing techniques, skill sets and materials to gain confidence and develop your own techniques.
- Clothes making Sundays – kimono jacket – taking place every Sunday from 4pm to 6pm for a period of five weeks. Starting from 6 June and ending on 4 July 2021, this free course will help you stay cool while being stylishly covered in an original garment – kimono.
- Buttercream icing – join us for this course every Wednesday between 7pm and 9pm for three weeks – we are starting on 16 June. Learn how to make delicious buttercream icing for different cakes and cupcakes.
A variety of courses and workshops to help you strengthen your digital skills and make you feel safe online.
- Digital skills for online learning – this course takes place between 12 and 19 May 2021, every Wednesday for two weeks from 1pm to 2.30pm. It provides some extremely important soft and digital skills that you need to get the most from your online learning course(s) and in your day-to-day live. This includes internet safety for online learning; preparing your device to attend sessions online; accessing Google Classroom; viewing resources and materials; completing and submitting assignments on Google Classroom.
- We also have digital skills for online learning course from 23 June to 30 June 2021 and a one-day workshop on 14 July – 10am – 2.30pm.
- Online safety – protecting your online identity – a short workshop taking place on 26 May 2021 and again on 7 July from 10am to 11.30am. Join us get an awareness of what your online identity is, together with simple recognised protection methods and guidelines, and what to do if you suspect or are victim of an online identity fraud/scam.
- Online safety – setting parental controls – a short workshop on 26 May and again on 7 July 2021 from 1pm to 2.30pm. Sing up to get more information and guidelines on how to set your own individual parental control criteria, and the means of accessing parental control settings on devices and websites, to put in these in place to enable control your child’s digital experience.
We also offer some professional courses aimed at giving you strong understanding and knowledge in a certain field or software.
- This time around we are bringing you SAGE 50 accounts beginner course. Starting on 4 May, this course takes place every Tuesday and Thursday between 10am – 1pm. This unique four-week course is for people who want to learn about basic elements of computerised accounting or transfer their basic manual bookkeeping skills onto a computerised system. Lessons are delivered through a series of short step-by-step videos to provide you with all the knowledge required to become competent and confident in using SAGE 50 accounts. The SAGE 50 accounts beginner four-week course costs £25.
- We also have the same course starting on 8 June.
- Emergency first aid at work – Taking place on 23 April, this course is to train a nominated person who will take charge in the event of illness or accident.
- Digital skills for Word processing using MS Word – starting on 28 April, this two-week course is happening every Wednesday from 10am to 11.30am and is designed to provide you with a fundamental set of transferable word processing skills to enable you to produce a standard letter and a simple flyer with picture inserted, using MS Word application. This two-week course might cost up to £10.
- Digital skills for spreadsheet using MS Excel – this is a two-weeks course taking place every Wednesday from 10am to 11.30am between 9 and 16 June – 2021. It will provide you with a fundamental set of transferable spreadsheet skills to enable you to produce an annual personal budget using MS Excel spreadsheet application. This course might cost you up to £10.
Courses to help you enhance your skills in certain areas. Why don’t you try any of the courses below, which can make a great addition to your CV.
- Confident public speaking – starting on 6 July 2021, this two-weeks course is taking place every Tuesday between 10am and 12pm. This course will improve your confidence, self-esteem, and delivery when speaking in challenging situations. Confident public speaking two-week course costs £5 – £10.
- Effective communication through voice and body language – starting on 10 July 2021, this two-week course is happening every Saturday from 10.15am to 12.15pm. This course will cover use of body language, voice control and development, management of anxiety, presentation and delivery, interview techniques etc. The two-week course costs £5 – £10.
Please note, we take workshops (up to three hours long) off our website three days before and longer courses five days before the date they take place. This means that you might not be able to access the course weblink and enrol online. However, please feel free to contact us if you’d like to enrol on a course taking place in the next few days and we can see if we can enrol you.